A Dance Offering (Ballet Recital)


Last December, I was invited to watch my inaanak's ballet recital organized by Halili-Cruz School of Ballet entitled "A Dance Offering" at the Newport Performing Arts Theater in Resorts World Manila. Watching little kids and young adults gracefully perform on stage made me remember my ballet class when I was still in kinder (back when I was still much flexible, lol). It has been decades since I last saw this kind of performance and I was totally impressed by how talented our Filipino ballerinas are.




We arrived a little late because of Manila's holiday rush traffic, boy getting there was already a crazy adventure. And once I stepped inside the lobby, it felt like an instant flashback, with memories fresh from my recent Resorts World Genting experience. It was my first time to set foot inside Resorts World Manila and I was hoping to see a little more of the inside but we're just too pressed for time.



The show lasted for about three hours and I'm so proud of my inaanak Nicole, my friend Barbie's precious little girl (makes me want to have my own little ballerina too in the future).  Aside from stage performances, the event also played some videos of the students numerous trips abroad during competitions. I wish to see more ballet recitals and hope that the industry will soon get its much deserved spotlight. Funny how just a day after this event, I was able to catch a GMA documentary entitled "Silang Nakatingkayad" that featured what goes on behind the stage curtains of the show "Sleeping Beauty." I may not able to watch the said show live but the documentary made me appreciate not only the talent but also the passion of our local ballerinas despite the many challenges they face. A round of applause to all our local ballerinas!

Popular posts from this blog

Baguio: 2 Days 1 Night Itinerary

Pagsanjan Falls: The Php150 Challenge

Laguna: 2 Days Itinerary and Budget Expenses

2Go: The New Way to Travel to Boracay

Boracay: Itinerary, Expenses and Tips