Travel Video: Sorsogon's Malawmawan Island


Location: Malawmawan Island in Castilla, Sorsogon

The province of Sorsogon is located at the southernmost tip of the Bicol Peninsula which faces an island that's already part of the Visayas region which is Samar. It made me realize that I've never been to any province in the Visayas region and how I've been yearning to see the Biri Rock Formation in Samar too. Oh well, I will some other time. But first, I'd like to share our recent weekend visit to a private island somewhere in Castilla, Sorsogon.  




Best known in the recent years as a home that caters to the gentle giants locally known as butandings, Sorsogon as I found out has more to offer than the famous whale shark watching. It has gorgeous beaches  and with most towns lie along the coast. you can never have a shortage of fresh seafood.

We chose to enjoy our long weekend of August in Albay and Sorsogon with the overnight camping in Malawmawan Island as the highlight of the trip. I was with my uncle, my youngest sister, cousin and nephew. Partly, we were there to 'work', surveying the island with my brilliant cousin, a landscape architect  and for me to document the area at its almost pristine state. We braved the sea, sun, stones and sands. I was at my happiest. Let me share with you version 1 of the travel video taken during our Sorsogon trip:

*Note - watch the video in 480 resolution (wheel button) for better viewing.
Credits: Music - It's a beautiful day by India Arie

Like to see the 'more fun video'? Check out version 2 below.

Popular posts from this blog

Baguio: 2 Days 1 Night Itinerary

Pagsanjan Falls: The Php150 Challenge

Laguna: 2 Days Itinerary and Budget Expenses

2Go: The New Way to Travel to Boracay

Boracay: Itinerary, Expenses and Tips